Monday, April 19, 2010

Lights On, Lights Off

IMG_2391

I tackled another item on my To Do List and began the transformation of my table lamp. 

Here is the lamp BEFORE, sitting in our backyard.

It really needed some help and took a lot of sanding, cleaning and painting to achieve the look I wanted.

HIMG_2496ere is the lamp AFTER. 

I painted the lamp and covered the shade in a burlap fabric (which I purchased to make pillows for our Living Room sofa – with our monogram stenciled on them.)

I’d may add some trim to the shade but I’ll live with it “as is” for now.

What do you think?

Just in case you were wondering, we finally selected a color to paint our shutters!

Knights Armor

IMG_2474

You can see the sample boards we painted to “test” the color. I’m loving it and can’t wait to get started!

Lastly, I am thisclose to purchasing this little lady.

canechair1

Once we welcome this beauty into our home I’ll reveal my visions for this chair!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo all fun things going on here! I can't wait until I am off for the summer and I can do crafts all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the completed lamp! The detail is awesome!

    ReplyDelete